Frequently Asked Questions
- Why do I need a certificate from the Inflight Institute?
- What will I learn in a certificate program?
- Why do member airlines use the Inflight Institute?
- Do I need to travel to a Flight Attendant training school to take the course and receive my certificate of completion from the Inflight Institute.com?
- Don't I need to do hands on training?
- When was the Inflight Institute founded?
- Am I guaranteed a job?
- What is the success rate?
- What are airlines looking for?
- How old do I need to be?
- Am I too old to be a Flight Attendant?
- What is the cost of the program?
- What are my payment options?
- When can I start a course?
- Why should I trust the Inflight Institute.com?
The Inflight Institute is the ONLY online Flight Attendant training school in the world that is used by airlines right here in the United States and airlines around the world.
Our member airlines gain a great advantage by selecting pre-qualified candidates from our database. This enhances the quality of their candidates while decreasing their classroom training time. The Inflight Institute provides up to 80% of the required regulatory knowledge that you need to fly; the airline will provide the rest.
If you are serious about becoming a Flight Attendant you can improve your chances with a certificate from the Inflight Institute.com. If you are interested in working with any of our preferred member airlines then you MUST have a certificate of completion exclusively from the Inflight Institute.com.
Our certificate programs cover over 175 topics with hundreds of interesting media files (movies, images and 360 degree imaging) and 8 exams.
Click here for a complete list of topics covered
Click here for an interactive tour of a certificate program.
Five key reasons our member airlines use the Inflight Institute.com
Our Member Airlines exclusively use the Inflight Institute.com for all of their Flight Attendant hiring!
1) They only consider people who have proven they can pass ground school.
2) They only hire people who are truly serious about this profession as the student has invested their own time and money in gaining a certificate. (Just like any other profession: accountant, Dr., etc..)
3) Our member airlines only interview students who have an in-depth knowledge of the career (gained through the Inflight Institute.com).
4) Member airlines can reduce ground school by up to 80% as the student has gained so much universal knowledge from the Inflight Institute.com.
5) Finding students is quick and easy.
NO: All Inflight Institute.com course content is delivered over the internet. You can complete it at your own pace from the comfort of your own home. There is no need to quit your job to gain your certificate of completion from the Inflight Institute.com. By taking an Inflight Institute.com "Certificate" program you have the freedom to maintain your current lifestyle while following your dreams.
YES: But not until you are invited to an airline's ground school, once at the airline training school they will verify the knowledge that you have gained through the Inflight Institute.com. The airline will provide additional information and have you perform drills/procedures onboard a real aircraft or simulator.
The Inflight Institute.com was founded in 1999 by Mr. I. Noel. His vision was to allow potential Flight Attendants a chance to experience a "virtual" airlines ground school to see if they were suited for the career. He noticed that a significant percentage of students within airline's ground schools were not succeeding. This was due to a lack of preparation and knowledge before entering ground school. Since then thousands of students have succeeded with the help of the Inflight Institute.com
In life there are no guarantees. The successful completion of a certificate course through the Inflight Institute.com will help to put you in the front of the line when it comes to being considered for an interview with our member airlines.
+80%: This is a difficult number to pin point as we conduct training for many different airlines and provide many different courses. In general more than 80% of the students who successfully complete one of our certificate programs (85%+ average mark) gain employment with an airline.
Take a look at our Testimonials to see some of our success stories.
Different airlines look for different qualities: Here is a list of the general characteristics that all airlines look for:• Personable
• Team Player
• Safety Focused
• Conflict Resolution
• Customer Service Focused
If you believe you possess the qualities that airlines are looking for apply today.
This also varies from airline to airline but traditionally a minimum age of 18 yrs.
This also varies depending on the part of the world that you plan to work in. At the Inflight Institute.com we have had students from 18yrs. to 60yrs. successfully gain employment at an airline.
Note: Many airlines look for maturity and life experience in their Flight Attendant candidates. These airlines love to see people with life skills, for example home makers or office workers who are looking for a change in career, your experience coupled with a certificate from the Inflight Institute.com could be your ticket to fly and do what you have always dreamt of doing... becoming a Flight Attendant!
At the Inflight Institute.com we offer a wide variety of courses to suit our client's needs. Click here for a complete list of programs. Individual introductory programs start at $19.95 and certificate programs from $169.95. All prices are all inclusive and are listed in United States Dollars (USD).
The Inflight Institute.com proudly accepts:
Credit Cards (Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover)
Certified Cheque (must be received within 14 working days of application)
Note: Serious applications only! Do not apply unless you are serious about this career and taking a program.
Right Now! By selecting Credit Card or PayPal, upon authorization you will receive instant access to the course you have selected and can start working right away.
1) We work with dozens of national and international airlines on a daily basis so we are well known and connected to the industry.
2) We have been members of the International Better Business Bureau since 2000 with an A+ rating!
3) We use an approved secure 3rd party server for all our credit card transactions. The Inflight Institute.com NEVER sees your credit card number!
4) We are here to help! Via e-mail, Live Online Support or telephone the Inflight Institute staff is committed to helping you succeed!
5) We have an international presence with an impeccable global reputation! Our consultants are frequently published in international aviation trade magazine and present to airline audiences at international aviation training conference.