Canadian North is approved to use and endorses
the InflightInstitute.com for ALL Flight Attendant Hiring
This airline requires all Flight Attendant students to hold a certificate of completion from the Inflight Institute prior to entering initial ground school training.
Canadian North and its founding companies have served Northern Canada for over 75 years. This airline, 100% aboriginal owned by the Inuvialuit of the North West Territories and the Inuit of Nunavut, this is a striving healthy company that provides superior service to all Northerners including the over 30,000 shareholders that own it.
Type of Operation & Aircraft Type
Canadian North provides scheduled and charter passenger and freight service throughout Canada. This dynamic airline also provides charter services internationally including into the United States.
Canadian North presently operates 5 Boeing 737 Combi-200, 4 Boeing 737 200, 4 Dash8 100 aircraft and 1 Boeing 737 300 joining their fleet in December.
- Canadian citizen or landed immigrant (must be able to meet Transport Canada Security Clearance Regulations)
- Minimum 18 years of age (required for the service of liquor)
- Grade 12 or equivalent (University or College experience is a definite asset)
- Ability to meet aviation medical standard
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Inuktitut, Inuvialuktun, French or any second language would be a definite asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and direct customer service experience
- Sensitivity to the unique environmental, cultural and business needs of diverse northern aboriginal cultures and communities
- Previous experience in northern flight operations as a Flight Attendant is an asset
- Computer knowledge and experience is essential
- Valid passport and driver's license
- Certificate of completion from the Inflight Institute.com prior to ground school
Interested candidates should respond via email to email@example.com subject "Flight Attendant Position".
Required Inflight Institute Training Courses
CT301 (Multiple Flight Attendants Onboard) CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
SP702 Aviation Medicine / First Aid is an asset, but not required
No more than 2 exam retries will be accepted.
The above program(s) are delivered through the Inflight Institute.com's online training system.
Many airlines use the Inflight Institute for all their hiring of Flight Attendants.
The use of the Inflight Institute holds many benefits, not only for the airline but for those who are considering a career as a Flight Attendant.
By requiring all students to gain a certificate of completion, everyone can be assured that the candidate is right for the job and holds a minimum level of knowledge that the airline requires.
How Does it Work?
When Canadian North plans a Flight Attendant ground school (hiring) they may contact the Inflight Institute to review a list of candidates that have completed the program. Based on this review Canadian North may select individuals for an interview.
From the interviewed candidates, Canadian North may invite successful applicants to initial ground school training.
Note: Successful completion of the Inflight Institute does *NOT* guarantee an interview or a position in ground school.
Pass Mark of Online Training—Canadian North Standard: Online exams are administered automatically at set intervals throughout the course. The pass mark for the online program is 85% on all exams. You may not have more than two failed exams to be considered for a position with Canadian North.