Regional 1 Airlines is approved to use and endorses
the Inflight Institute.com
This airline requires all Flight Attendant applicants to hold a certificate of completion from the Inflight Institute prior to being considered for an interview.
Regional 1 Airlines is an established, privately owned commercial charter air carrier headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. The company commenced worldwide charter operations in August 2003.
We have a fleet of 4 DeHavilland Dash 8 aircraft, which are the backbone of our charter fleet.
Type of Operation & Aircraft Type
Regional 1 Airlines provides charter travel options throughout the world. Regional 1 Airlines operates Dash 8 aircraft with one Flight Attendant onboard.
- Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- Grade 12 or equivalent (University or College experience is a definite asset)
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in any other language is not a requirement but a definite asset
- Minimum 19 years of age (for liquor service)
- Sensitivity to the unique environmental, cultural and business needs of our client’s and their communities
- At least one year of customer service experience
- Ability to meet company medical standard
- Must be flexible and available to be scheduled at various times
- Must be a team player
- Must be Independent
- Solid leadership skills
- Ability to obtain and retain an Airport Restricted Area Pass in accordance with the Airport Restricted Area Access Clearance Program
- Must have a valid passport which will not expire within the next 6 months
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to travel extensively, and be away for extended periods of time
- Certificate of completion from the Inflight Institute.com
Required Inflight Institute Training Courses
CT201 Certificate Program (Single Flight Attendant Onboard)
The above required program(s) are delivered through the Inflight Institute.com's online training system.
Many airlines use the Inflight Institute for all their hiring of Flight Attendants.
The use of the Inflight Institute holds many benefits, not only for the airline but for those who are considering a career as a Flight Attendant.
By requiring all applicants to gain a certificate of completion, everyone can be assured that the candidate is right for the job and holds a minimum level of knowledge that the airline requires.
How Does It Work?
When Regional 1 Airlines plans a Flight Attendant ground school they will contact the Inflight Institute to review a list of candidates that have completed the program. Based on this review Regional 1 may select individuals for an interview.
From the interviewed candidates, Regional 1 will invite successful applicants to initial ground school training.
Note: Successful completion of the Inflight Institute does not guarantee an interview or a position in ground school. However, only successful graduates from the Inflight Institute will be considered.